Sunday, January 29, 2012

Veronique: WOW brand: Adidas


Veronique is working in Horeca, living in Lausanne








Manuel: Hi Vero, Tell me about WOW brands.

Veronique: A wow brand makes me feel good! I feel emotionally attached to it.


M: So which is your WOW brand then?

V: I like Adidas. The brand has been able to remain relevant over time and through its "Originals" label it keeps an underground feel to it. I prefer it a lot over it's main rival Nike or other brands such as Reebok.There is no soul in those brands.

M: Why is that?

V: Nike feels to like a huge marketing machine and is very accessible. Adidas however is cool. I guess on a product front the brands delivers equal quality, but Adidas is more edgy. Originals make the difference. I like the logo as well. It feels very European with a lot of culture to it. Again something Nike lacks. On top there is the story of it's founding brothers Adi and Rudolf Dassler. After splitting up Rudolf founded Puma by the way.

Adi Dassler










M: Tell me more about the Originals line.

V: I discovered it really through a visit to their Berlin concept store a few years ago. Situated in one of the hip areas in Berlin it really is different from your average sports apparel store. You can find products there that I have never seen elsewhere, retro collections going back into the history of Adidas. You can also custom design of a pair of sneakers there. Furthermore the Originals line reminds me a lot of the stuff I used to wear during my childhood. Most of the sneakers still exist or have been re-issued. So its really the heritage of the brand and the design of the products I'm into.
Adidas Originals store
Yo! Run DMC.
M: Thanks Vero
After having spoken to Vero I spent a bit of time on the web and found this Adidas Originals ad, that sums up the link between sports, culture, music, and heritage quiet well . I liiiike.!



No comments:

Post a Comment